Monday, November 2, 2015

TIPS: How to feel better when you're going through tough times

Hello readers,
I want to to write this post because I know a lot of people are going through tough times right now. It could be because of stress, of family problems, etc. I just want to let you know (If you didn't know already), you are not alone. It's okay to feel sad or mad from time to time because that's life. You can't always be happy. Life is tough that way.

This year has been a crazy roller coaster ride. I've had many mental breakdowns, probably more than the past 10 years of my life. I've never cried so much until this year, but here I am, still alive and trying to stay positive. I want to share what I do when I'm going through tough times because it might be helpful for some of you. I'm not saying that I'm an expert on this, but these things really help me feel better when I'm feeling really stressed out and depressed.


1. Take a walk or jog alone and eat
So, today wasn't a really great day, but I took a really long walk because I was really pissed off and wanted to hit something. That long walk really helped me calm down and by the time I arrived home, I ate a chocolate bar and some chips and I feel a bit better. Walking or jogging really helps you think about what you did wrong or what went wrong and it also helps you clear your mind, move on and start over again.

2. Write down your thoughts
I don't really like bothering my friends with all of my problems because I know they have their own problems to deal with. So, what I do is, I write down my thoughts and feelings as if the screen/paper was my friend. This really helped me!!!

3. Watch a movie/tv
Watch something you really like or something that could let you forget about your problems for a while. It'll help you calm down and then once the movie is finish, you'll feel better and can make better decisions because you have to admit, when you're in a bad mood, you just do/say something that you're not supposed to do/say and you regret it after.

4. Call a really REALLY close friend
Call a friend you know you can trust, who can listen to you and help you feel better. Ask her/him first if they're free or busy. If they're not doing anything, tell them that you need someone to talk to because you're stressed out or something. Telling a friend really helps too. Once you tell your friend what's wrong, you can have fun after that. This already happened to me once and I'm so happy I called her because that became one of the best days of my life.

5. SHOUT IT OUT!!! LET IT GO!
Shouting when you're mad or sad is like telling all your problems to your friend or writing down your feelings, but it's much quicker. I usually shout when I'm really mad and I know I need to calm down right away or I'll explode completely. I shout and I swear when I'm really really pissed. Just try to do it far away from people. If you're surrounded by people, just whisper bad words or go to your room and put your face in your pillow and shout/swear and hit your bed. I've tried it, it was effective (:

So, those are my five tips. I hope they are helpful.

x

Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment