Monday, August 4, 2014

Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green





Genre: Young adult contemporary
Publication date: January 2012
Publisher: Dutton books
Read: December 2013
Pages: 313
Rating: 


Summary

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Thoughts on the main characters


Hazel Grace Lancaster in my opinion is mentally strong. I mention in my other reviews that I loved courageous female characters and Hazel is definitely brave to me. I've never suffer from cancer but I know it's a very bad sickness. It has no cure and if you're lucky enough you can survive it. I like how Hazel handles her situation. To be honest I don't know if I could even get out of the house if I was in her position. She's not afraid to say her feelings and I just love characters like that. 

Augustus Waters is a sweet, funny, smart and quite romantic guy. I didn't really have that love attraction towards him. In fact I liked him as a friend, he's really fun to be with according to how Hazel described him. He's handsome and I think he would be a really great friend in real life.

Thoughts on the author

I love the fact that there aren't many characters in this book. I was never confused and I remembered all the important characters. The writing was great. No surprise there, John Green is a genius! 

Overall thoughts

I love the characters and I liked the story. When cancer is involve, the story is usually sad and in this book it's obviously depressing but there were parts where you'll smile. If you're hesitating on whether to read this or not, I really think you should read it because it'll be worth your time.

Movie trailer


Movie Soundtrack




No comments:

Post a Comment