Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: One More Chance (Chance #2) by Abbi Glines

Genre: New Adult Romance
Publication Date: September 2014
Publisher: Atria Books
Read: September 2014
Pages: 256
Rating: 

Summary
Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love...

But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.

My review
Back when I first read the "Too Far" series, I never thought anything can be better than Rush and Blaire's love story. Then I read the "Perfection" series with Woods and Della and it was even more better. Both love stories are just phenomenal and I can't say anything bad about it. It may have some flaws but I had no problem with them at all. 

This book was just...heartbreaking and I had all of these scenarios in my head about all the things that could end badly. I got so scared. I was crying and I was really hoping this would end well. 
"Harlow Manning, I think it's possible I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you."
Grant and Harlow's story was the most touching, warming, encouraging love story out of the three so far. I mean don't get me wrong I love the first two but this one was different. I can't compare the "Chance" series to the others because this book terrified me, it made me cry, it made me happy, it made me mad, it made me feel like I was related to Grant and Harlow. I loved every word they say to each other, all the letters and how Grant takes care of her.  

I also loved the fact that Abbi Glines wrote a chapter from Mase, Kiro and Nan's perspective. Especially Nan. Oh, I think I might start liking Nan. I know she has a good side and I really hope we get to read a story about her and "hopefully" Major or if not, another guy. I really liked how Rush cares about Grant. Even if they're not biological brothers, they act like they're really related. I also liked how Rush handled things, he's just so different now. He's a better man. 

I can't wait for the next novel of the Rosemary Beach Series "You Were Mine". A story about Tripp and Bethy who will be released in December 2014. Stay tuned. :)

The scene that made me laugh out loud

"Where  the fuck is Mase? His ass should be here" Kiro said
"I'm right here, asshole."
"You didn't just call him an asshole," Major whispered
"Watch your mouth," his mother scolded. Although she knew he was an asshole.
"He is an asshole," Mase said.
"He's Kiro. You can't call him an asshole." Major said.

Omg! Kiro, you're an asshole! hahhahahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment