Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: Simple Perfection (Perfection #2) by Abbi Glines

Genre: New Adult Romance
Publication Date: September 2013
Publisher: Atria Books
Read: August 2014
Pages: 256
Rating:

Summary
Woods had his perfect life mapped out for him. Rise up the ranks of the family business. Marry the rich girl of his parents’ dreams. Pretend that wealth and privilege was all he’d ever wanted. Then a girl named Della breezed into town, a beautifully imperfect stranger who captured his heart and opened his eyes to a new kind of future. Woods is ready and willing to sacrifice everything for her when the sudden death of his father leaves him with his mother to care for and a business to manage.

Della is determined to be strong for Woods, even as she’s quietly falling to pieces. No matter how far from home she’s run, the ghosts of her past have never stopped haunting her. Struggling to hide her true feelings from Woods, Della fears she can’t be his rock without dragging him down into the darkness with her. But is she strong enough to let go of the last thing holding her together?



My review
My plan was to read "Simple Perfection" in two weeks because I didn't want to end Woods & Della's story just yet. But, I just couldn't. After reading "Twisted Perfection" and seeing "Simple Perfection" on my shelf? I just had to read it right away. I stopped reading every 5 chapters because I didn't want it to end quickly like I said... I don't know where to start honestly. I had so many feels while reading this book and there were so many unexpected things that happened and I never thought I'd cry so much in this book to be honest. I want to write this review now because I just finished reading it and it's still fresh from my mind and every time I think about some scenes, I just cry all over again. I'm still giving this a 5/5 stars because to me it deserves it. I could read it all over again even if there were sad moments. I love surprises and Abbi Glines really surprise me with a twist. She warned us at the beginning of the book that there are going to have some twists but I had no clue what they were. Like absolutely no clue and even if I was expecting a twist, I never imagined it to happen that way. Abbi Glines is absolutely amazing I thank her for creating such incredible and lovable characters. You might never read this but, thank you. 
"In all her twisted perfection she had made me fall helplessly in love with her."
I can't say more about Woods. He's just a man that every woman would like to have. He loved Della through thick and thin. When Della was weak, he was still there, he never left her. Her mental break downs didn't make him love her less. Every woman needs a guy like him because he would love you for who you are. Some guys would leave Della because of her past but not Woods. I love how caring he is and how he shows someone how he really loves her. It's really nice to read that and I wish there were more guys like him in real life. I probably mentioned all of this in my "Twisted Perfection" but I just need to say it again because that's how I''m feeling.
"It would be a chapter in my life that was hard to look back on, yet it would be my favorite."
Della is really more insecure in "Simple Perfection" than in "Twisted Perfection". She compares herself to Blaire who is tough and a bad ass. Della thinks she's weak and Woods doesn't need  someone like her who would slow him down. I don't hate how she acts and the decisions she makes. It just had to be in the story because things can't always be perfect. In my opinion, her decisions are one of the things that makes this book interesting. 

I really love the gang of Woods that includes Rush, Thad, Grant, Jace and Tripp too. They argue sometimes but they really care for each other and I really appreciate all of them. I really love all the characters besides Angelina and Woods' mom but the rest are just so likable and so great. I really want a third book for Woods and Della. I really do. I will purchase Grant and Harlow's story "Take a chance" and "One more chance" who will be out this fall next and I'm looking forward on reading them. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment